Skip to main content

Hi all ...



A quick Hi
Hi all,

A few people have written to me asking when I will be posting more street images ? I do apologize for the long time between uploads, however I have been working on another body of work for the last couple of months as well as a joint Zine venture titles 'Lies'. So there has been little time for uploads.

I have still been snapping away while doing my daily thing, so as soon as I get some space I will post-up. I also just grabbed an iPad 2 and realized how crap www.simonjohnsonphotography.com site is ... As in nobody with an iPad or iPhone can view my flash site. I know what your thinking, welcome to the 90's Simon flash is so yesterday HTML5 all the way. So I have been trudging the net looking for other options for a new site which you will be able to view with every device known to man.

Over the last year I have been compiling images which I would like to have in my first book. I plan on releasing a Limited Edition run of 25 copies in hardback (signed) by August this year. it will be a book of black & white images I have taken over the last 3 years while overseas. I will post more information as I get closer to the release date. Suffice to say I will supply all the information for purchasing a signed copy as soon as everything is finalized (it will be released through 'Twin Gums' publishing). The first 25 people to order will get the books, first come first serve so to speak.

O that's the news, I will hopefully have some images up in the next couple of weeks, I just would like to thank everybody who contacts me regarding my work. It is appreciated and feels great to know people like the stuff I do .... cheers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RICOH GR MONOCHROME ....

Ricoh has a new patent (2016-201400) field in Japan for a Bayer sensor without a colour filter array (CFA) which should create sharper monochrome images. If dreams could come true a Ricoh GR Monochrome (ala Leica) would be an absolute corker.
We are all holding our breath for the Next incarnation of the Cult Ricoh GR APSC Camera. A 'Ltd Edition Monochrome' camera would be fantastic indeed.  Finger, toes and balls crossed.
Source (http://pentaxrumors.com/)image(https://gr.ricoh-imaging.eu/)

Leica Q vs Ricoh GR

Quick comparison between the Leica Q & Ricoh GR .........Posted with Blogsy

VSCO FILM® 07 & Ricoh GR

Nice indeed, I'm really enjoying this pack. There is enough variety here that makes it worth the purchase, especially with the launch discount and stackable loyalty discount if you've purchased any one of their film packs before. Even still, VSCO packs are never cheap, and if you're wanting to get a good idea of the power of these presets and how easy they are to use, the new VSCO Film 00is aFREEstarter pack from VSCO - It has both Kodak Tri-Xand Kodak Gold 100. Back in the day, thats almost all one would need, so give it a crack - it's got more than just two presets, with all the variants you would expect (Kodak Tri-X 400 ++ anyone? :p )

VSCO Film 07 is available from the VSCO website,