I must start by saying this was a post I created some time ago which never got published. I have changed my methods from this time but thought it would be worth publishing now anyway.
People keep asking me about my post processing methods. It really is very simple, I hoinestly take no loner than 3-4 minutes from start to finish.
|Highlight & Shadows|
- I usually take the 'RAW' files into Lightroom, if there is any clipping I adjust the shadows and highlights, then strait into Photoshop CC. I know many people just do much of their work-flow here, It is something I really would like to adopt in the future. I just really need to put some time aside and get my head around what appears to be a very simple & intuitive piece of software.
- While in Photoshop CC, I apply a Guy Gowen 'Process Action', it does a quick job of cleaning everything up and simple giving the files some needed 'POP'. I do find I neeed then to use his 'Digital Reflector Action' as the shadows seem to get a bit crunched for my liking. Finally I flatten the image before proceeding
|Silver Efex Pro 2|
- Silver efex Pro 2 is my Film filter of choice 85% of the tme. I quickly run through the provided prestes, grab one as a staring point then apply some changes with the tools provided. Selective 'dodge & burn' adjust contrast, structure that kinda stuff.
- If I am happy I always use the loop and the Zone Guide to make certain I have not blown out my highlights.
- Photoscape to resize,Border, sharpen and save as a jpeg ready for the blog.
A very newb not productive work-flow, it works for me. Morgan and Tyler cringe when they see me botch my way through post processing. The end results are fine for the blog, and so far I have not had the need to change my 'by my pants method'.
So there you have it. I should do a quick video from start to finish ...see what I can do.